Jie Wei, Professor
- Dept. of Computer Science
- The City College of New York
- 160 Convent ave.
- New York, NY 10031
- Ph.D. (CS), Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, Canada, 1999
- M.Sc. (CS), Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, 1992
- B.Sc. (CS), University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China, 1989
- Multimodal computing, Machine learning, Medical imaging
Application areas: remote sensing/perception for civil and military applications, biomedical analysis, and computational medicine.
Research Projects (as Principal Investigator or Project Director):
- Sponsored by: DoD, NIH, NSF, Army(ARO), Air Force(AFOSR and AFRL), Navy(ONR), City Seeds Grant, DASNY, PSC-CUNY research awards.
Recent Honors and Awards:
- Salute to Scholars, CUNY, 2003, 2015, 2019
- Salute to Recipients of Major Institutional Grants, CUNY, 2017
- Air Force Summer Faculty Research Fellow, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Best in Physics Award, American Association of Physicists in Medicine, 2014
Teaching (Spring 2020)
- CS32200: Software Engineering (U)
- Email: j+lastname AT ccny DOT cuny DOT edu
- Office: NAC 8/209
- Lab: MR-524, Multi-modal computing Lab (ITAR-compliant: certified since 2014)